Can fresh corn and save it for the Winter months! Homemade canned corn is much better than store bought canned corn. It's easy and only requires two ingredients!
This recipe is enough for 9 pints. Adjust your recipe accordingly.
20 lbs. (in husks) of corn Canning Salt (optional) (add 1/2 tsp. salt per pint
- Husk the corn and blanch the corn cobs in a pot of boiling water. Place in the boiling water for 2 minutes and remove with tongs. Place the corn immediately in a sink or bowl of ice cold water.
- Cut the kernels from the cob after letting the cobs cool.
- Add the optional salt to the prepared canning jars.
- Pack the corn kernels into the jars. Leave 1 inch at the top.
- Follow instructions for Pressure Canning
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.